Greatness Is In Everyone
In 2016, my Aunt got into a car accident caused by a drunk driver. She died instantly.
I was devastated, but I couldn't predict how severely this would affect me.
Over the next year I was never happy, I was losing friends, and my grades were slipping, I felt alone, I was always being yelled at, and this all took a huge toll on me.
I had suicidal thoughts. I would stand in the middle of my room, and I would hold scissors to my stomach, wanting to die. I always cried. I was always in my room. I was at rock bottom, and I didn’t know how to become happy again.
One day I decided to get off the floor, and start trying to become better.
A teacher helped me to get my grades back up, and that helped a lot.
I started listening to music, a ton of it. Music made me happy, and the world wasn't a horrible place for those moments.
Music was the cure to my unhappiness. I was able to relate to what they said in the lyrics, and I felt I wasn't alone.
I share this story today because there are so many people who are struggling.
Here is what I have learned:
- Things will get better, YOU just have to be the reason it gets better.
- Don’t rely on someone else to make you happy.
- Do what you love, and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
- You are strong. You are worth it.
- There is a light inside of everyone, and greatness is in each person. You just have to be the one to let that light shine.